A meeting of the Grand Bay Sports Committee was held on Saturday 25th August at the Grand Bay Youth Centre to elect members to serve on the Grand Bay Sports Committee for the period August 2012 to June 2013.
The general objectives of the committee are:
- To teach, encourage, promote develop and organize various sporting disciplines in the community
- Organize selection and management of village representative teams when the need arises
- Manage existing facilities and to make representation for establishment of suitable facilities and or improvement of existing facilities.
Elected to serve on the committee are:
- President: Arthur Shillingford
- Vice President: Roy Tonge
- Secretary: Merlyjah Benjamin
- Treasurer: Brian Bellot
- Assistant Secretary/Treasurer: Sherb Alizee
- P.R.O.: Walson Pacquette
- Julian Fontaine
- Patrick Baron
- Leroy Loblack