We welcome you to the Official Website of the Sports Division in the Ministry of Youth, Sports, Culture and Constituency Empowerment of the Commonwealth of Dominica.
The DGS defeated the PCSS 85 – 31 on their away leg of the Secondary Schools’ Under 20 Girls Basketball Championship organized by the sports Division.
For the DGS
Kyla Winston 20 points
Rachel Seraphin 20 points
Vanelcia John 17 points
Rackel Marshall 14 points
Chakira Bramble 13 points
Forty-five teams from 19 schools which featured over 200 students gathered at the Botanic Gardens on Tuesday, March 24th for the 2015 Primary Schools Mini-Volleyball Festival which was organized by the Sports Division.
The Festival which was done in one day rather than two days was a very successful one.
· Wesley Primary School emerged winner of Division I of the Girls Segment – they won over Castle Bruce (2-0)
· Grand Fond Primary School emerged winner of Division II of the Girls Segment – they won over the WS Stevens Primary School (2-0)
· Salybia A won over Salybia B in the final of the Division I Boys Competition
· Sineku Primary School beat the Wesley Primary School 2-0 in the Division II of the Boys Competition
Attached below is the fixture for the 2015 Sec. Schools U-15 Cricket Championship.
The DGS made light work of the PCSS when their girls competed in the Secondary Schools U-20 Basketball Championships at the DGS’ hard court on Monday, March 23rd with a score 74 – 12
For the DGS
Kyla Winston – 35 points
Vanelcia John – 17 points
Rackel Marshall – 10 points
The competition continues this afternoon in Portsmouth with the CBSS girls coming up against the PSS girls whilst at Grand Bay, the PCSS boys will do battle with the SMA.
All matches start at 3:45 pm.
Eight (8) schools have advanced to the Quarter Finals of the 2015 NBD Primary Schools Girls Football Championship which is organized by the Sports Division and sponsored by the National Bank of Dominica. They are the:
1. San Sauveur Primary School
2. Castle Bruce Primary School
3. Petite Savanne Primary School
4. St. Luke’s Primary School
5. Woodford Hill Primary School
6. W.S. Stevens Primary School
7. Savanne Paille Primary School
8. Roosevelt Douglas Primary School
This comes after Round One which was held in four (4) zonal competitions over two days – on Thursday 19th March and Friday 20th March.
San Sauveur Primary topped the East Zone with Castle Bruce, Grand Fond and Sineku primary schools following.
Woodford Hill Primary emerged winner of the North East Zone; 2nd was W.S. Stevens Primary, then the Vielle Case/Thibaud Combined Team with Calibishie remaining in the cellar position.
In the West Central Zone, it was the Petite Savanne Primary which turned out to be the top team. They were followed by St. Luke’s Primary, Goodwill Primary and the Convent Preparatory.
Finally in the North West, the Savanne Paille Primary topped their zone with the Roosevelt Douglas Primary coming in 2nd. Next were Mahaut, Salisbury, and the St. John’s Primary Schools.
The date of the Quarter Finals of the NBD Primary Schools Girls Football Championship will be subsequently announced.